September 24: 3rd Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine
Who needs an additional COVID-19 vaccine?
Currently, the CDC and State of Louisiana recommends:
- People 65 years and older and residents in long-term care settings should receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series.
- People aged 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions should receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series.
- People aged 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions may receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series, based on their individual benefits and risks.
- People aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting may receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series, based on their individual benefits and risks.
Still have questions? We encourage you to reach out to primary care provider.
Be in that number!
Make an appointment for your COVID-19 vaccine.
A social security number is not required to receive the vaccine. If you
don't have a social security number,
please call the vaccine scheduling number and make your appointment.
Need a COVID-19 test?
We are offering COVID-19 vaccine appointments at our vaccine clinic locations.
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, LCMC Health has served our patients and community by providing support, resources, testing and extraordinary healthcare. We all want to get back to doing the things we love to do. Getting vaccinated is the next step our community can take to move forward.
I'm ready to be in that number! How do I get my vaccine?
ALL individuals aged 18 and up are eligible to receive any vaccine.
Children 12 and up are eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine.
To schedule a vaccine appointment for your child, please call 504.334.8265. Online
scheduling is not available for anyone under 18.
A consent form is required to vaccinate your child. Please download and fill out for their appointment.
Vaccine clinics are available for adults and children at the following locations:
Metairie, LA 70006
Call 504.503.7000 to schedule.
8:30am - 3pm
New Orleans, LA 70127
Noon - 4pm
New Orleans, LA 70115
Tuesdays: 7:30am - 4pm
Thursdays: 8am - 4pm
Saturdays: 9am - 1pm
Pop-up clinics are also available.
2nd Floor ACB, Zone C
New Orleans, LA 70112
8am - 4pm
Marrero, LA 70072
9am - 5pm
Have additional questions about the COVID-19 vaccine? Call our free nurse hotline.
The LCMC Health Nurse Hotline is a free telephonic nurse service to meet the needs of our community. We know that you may have concerns or questions regarding your health or seeking care during this challenging time.
Unsure where to go or what to do? Our experienced nurses are here to guide you with:
- COVID-19 screening and test results
- Return-to-work screenings
- Address any concerns or questions related to your health
- Assistance with finding care within our health system
- Connecting you with a primary care provider or specialist
Review our Vaccine Appointment FAQs
Yes. You can make an appointment through our LCMC Health Patient Portal or by calling 504.334.8265.
At this time, there will be no direct cost to patients for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Please bring a valid form of ID, driver's license preferred, and your insurance card.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment.
Please wear a short sleeve shirt, with an undershirt so you can easily pull your sleeve up for your vaccination.
Yes, if you need mobility assistance to your appointment you may bring in one caretaker.
- Have you had any of the following symptoms in the last 48 hours?
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- muscle or body aches
- new loss of taste or smell
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- nausea or vomiting
- Within the past 14 days, have you been in close physical contact (6 feet or closer for a cumulative total of 15 minutes) with any known person with COVID-19 or anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms?
- Are you isolating or quarantining because you may have been exposed to a person with COVID-19?
- Are you currently waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test?