The following individuals are now eligible and recommended to receive a booster or extra dose:
- Anyone 18 and older who completed their two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series 5 or more months ago.
- Anyone 12 and older who completed their two-dose Pfizer vaccine series 5 or more months ago.
- Anyone 18 and older who received their one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine two or more months ago.
- Immunocompromised children 5 through 11 years of age (Pfizer pediatric dose)
Be in that number!
Make an appointment for your COVID-19 vaccine or booster.
Call 504.380.0805 or schedule an appointment online.
A consent form is required to vaccinate your child. Please download and fill out for their appointment.
Need a COVID-19 test?
We are offering COVID-19 vaccine and booster appointments at our vaccine clinic locations.
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, LCMC Health has served our patients and community by providing support, resources, testing and extraordinary healthcare. We all want to get back to doing the things we love to do. Getting vaccinated is the next step our community can take to move forward.
Vaccine clinics are available for adults and children at the following locations:
Metairie, LA 70006 225.755.9943
Tuesday-Thursday: 8:30 am-3pm. Walk-ins welcomed, but appointments preferred.
New Orleans, LA 70127 504.592.6783
Monday-Thursday: Pfizer and Moderna, 8:30am - 4pm
Friday: Pfizer 8:30am - 4pm Walk-ins preferred.
New Orleans, LA 70115 504.290.5100
Saturdays: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Pfizer first, second, and third doses for ages 12 and up.
2nd Floor ACB, Zone C
New Orleans, LA 70112504.349.1882
8am - 4pm
Have additional questions about the COVID-19 vaccine? Call our free nurse hotline.
The LCMC Health Nurse Hotline is a free telephonic nurse service to meet the needs of our community. We know that you may have concerns or questions regarding your health or seeking care during this challenging time.
Unsure where to go or what to do? Our experienced nurses are here to guide you with:
- COVID-19 screening and test results
- Return-to-work screenings
- Address any concerns or questions related to your health
- Assistance with finding care within our health system
- Connecting you with a primary care provider or specialist
Review our Vaccine Appointment FAQs
Yes. You can make an appointment through our LCMC Health Patient Portal or by calling 504.334.8265.
At this time, there will be no direct cost to patients for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Please bring a valid form of ID, driver's license preferred, and your insurance card.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment.
Please wear a short sleeve shirt, with an undershirt so you can easily pull your sleeve up for your vaccination.
Yes, if you need mobility assistance to your appointment you may bring in one caretaker.
- Have you had any of the following symptoms in the last 48 hours?
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- muscle or body aches
- new loss of taste or smell
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- nausea or vomiting
- Within the past 14 days, have you been in close physical contact (6 feet or closer for a cumulative total of 15 minutes) with any known person with COVID-19 or anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms?
- Are you isolating or quarantining because you may have been exposed to a person with COVID-19?
- Are you currently waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test?
You do not need a social security number to receive the vaccine. If you don't have a social security number, please call the vaccine scheduling number and make your appointment.