Thank you for choosing LCMC Health and its family of hospitals for your healthcare needs.
The information below has been provided to help our patients understand their bill, coverage and payment options.
Understanding Your New Bill
• New Look: We have changed the appearance of our bills. Please click here for a visual guide to understanding your bill. You may continue to receive bills in our previous format for services provided prior to April 7, 2018 until those balances are resolved.
• Included in this Bill: Some clinics at LCMC Health locations are designated as provider based clinics by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Under this designation, these clinics are considered departments of the hospital, therefore charges for services provided in these locations will be separated into two components:
• Technical Services: related to nursing care, support and ancillary staff, routine supplies, equipment, and building expenses.
• Professional Services: related to your physician’s or provider’s clinical evaluation, medical decision-making, diagnosis, treatment options and plans.
• Not Included in this Bill: Other health care professionals who provided services to you while you were in the hospital (such as doctors, surgeons, pathologists, anesthesiologists and radiologists) may bill you separately. Please contact their offices directly with any questions.
Accepted Insurance Plans
LCMC Health accepts most forms of insurance.
These include Medicare, Medicaid, Workers’ Compensation, certain Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO) and Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO) plans, as well as most other health insurances. All claims will be submitted, on your behalf, to your insurance company. However, we rely on you for the following:
|1||Please provide your most current insurance card and photo identification.|
|2||It is essential for you to know if your insurance requires pre-certification in order for payment to be made for your services. If pre-certification is required, please inform your physician immediately so there will be no delays in processing your registration.|
|3||Please help us protect you from having your insurance claim denied for failure to pre-certify. Failure to pre-certify additional days may result in reduced benefits or denial of your insurance claim, and you may become responsible for payment of the bill.|
|4||Please be prepared to pay your co-payment or your portion of the hospital bill at the time of registration.|
To view a list of insurance plans accepted at each facility, and a list of providers covered and not covered at the facility where you received treatment, please select the facility from the following list: Children’s Hospital, Touro, UMC, West Jefferson Medical Center, and New Orleans East Hospital.
If you are uninsured, please inquire immediately about our Financial Assistance Program and/or contact a financial counselor.
• Online: LCMC Health is happy to introduce a new patient portal, myLCMC Health, at https://www.mylcmchealth.org.
Through this portal, patients of Children’s Hospital, Touro, UMC and New Orleans East Hospital may now pay their bills online, in addition to viewing test results, communicating with their medical providers, and scheduling appointments at some clinics. Patients of West Jefferson Medical Center may pay their bill here. Patients of LCMC Health Urgent Care Clinics should reference their paper bill for payment options or call 855-766-7190.
To register for an account with myLCMC Health and securely pay your bill online, please visit https://www.mylcmchealth.org.
• By phone: please call (504) 226-0094, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
• By mail: please visit the website of the hospital where you received treatment for the corresponding mailing address:
Please contact LCMC Health customer service LCMC-CustomerService@LCMCHealth.org at (504) 226-0094, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. If you are a patient of an LCMC Health Urgent Care Clinics, please call 855-766-7190 for questions on your bill.
Financial Assistance Resources
As part of our mission to provide comprehensive and quality care, our hospitals offer financial assistance programs to help our patients and their families with their healthcare costs, regardless of their ability to pay. To find out if you qualify for financial assistance, please review the information provided by each of our hospitals:
LCMC Health offers the services of financial counselors for its patients. Financial counselors are available at (504) 702-3500.
Balance Billing Disclosure Act
New Disclosure Requirements Effective August 1, 2017
Effective August 1, 2017, Louisiana Law states that all patients, when registering for services in a hospital or clinic, must be given and sign a new disclosure form – specifically the ACT 306/HB435 Regulatory Advisory. As a patient, you are being asked to review and sign this new disclosure form. This new form advises that you may receive a medical procedure or professional care from a physician or healthcare professional that will not be part of your hospital bill, and there is potential that these services may not be covered by your health insurance provider. As a result, you may be responsible for payment for all or part of these services. You are encouraged to contact your health plan to determine whether these independent physicians or healthcare professionals are covered by your health insurance.
Click on your hospital below to view the independent physicians or healthcare professionals whose services will not be included on your medical bill.