Pay Your LCMC Health Bill
Convenient & secure online bill pay
Thank you for choosing LCMC Health and its family of hospitals for your healthcare needs.
The information below has been provided to help our patients understand their bill, coverage and payment options.
Understanding your new bill
- New Look: We have changed the appearance of our bills. You may continue to receive bills in our previous format for services provided prior to April 7, 2018 until those balances are resolved.
Included in this Bill: Some clinics at LCMC Health locations are designated as provider-based
clinics by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Under
this designation, these clinics are considered departments of the hospital,
therefore charges for services provided in these locations will be separated
into two components:
- Technical Services: related to nursing care, support and ancillary staff, routine supplies, equipment, and building expenses.
- Professional Services: related to your physician’s or provider’s clinical evaluation, medical decision-making, diagnosis, treatment options and plans.
- Not Included in this Bill: Other health care professionals who provided services to you while you were in the hospital (such as doctors, surgeons, pathologists, anesthesiologists and radiologists) may bill you separately. Please contact their offices directly with any questions.
Cost of Care
LCMC Health is committed to helping patients understand and prepare for the cost of their care. LCMC Health provides a list of charges for services provided at our facilities; however, a patient’s out-of-pocket responsibility for these charges will vary, depending on their insurance coverage and benefit plan. We understand that it is confusing for a patient to navigate through the many factors involved in their final cost. Please contact our Financial Assistance staff at (504) 702-3500 with any questions about a future service or a bill you have received.
The charges displayed only include hospital charges and do not include charges that are billed separately by the physician or other professional fees. Furthermore, the actual amount paid by a patient will depend on that patient’s insurance coverage, as benefit plans vary greatly. Also, please note that the charges are accurate as of the date they are posted, but are subject to change.
To learn more about cost of care at your hospital, choose a different hospital from the links below:
Accepted insurance plans
LCMC Health accepts most forms of insurance.
These include Medicare, Medicaid, Workers’ Compensation, certain Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO) and Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO) plans, as well as most other health insurances. All claims will be submitted, on your behalf, to your insurance company. However, we rely on you for the following:
- Please provide your most current insurance card and photo identification.
- It is essential for you to know if your insurance requires pre-certification in order for payment to be made for your services. If pre-certification is required, please inform your physician immediately so there will be no delays in processing your registration.
- Please help us protect you from having your insurance claim denied for failure to pre-certify. Failure to pre-certify additional days may result in reduced benefits or denial of your insurance claim, and you may become responsible for payment of the bill.
- Please be prepared to pay your co-payment or your portion of the hospital bill at the time of registration.
To view a list of insurance plans accepted at each facility, and a list of providers covered and not covered at the facility where you received treatment, please select the facility from the following list: Children’s Hospital, Touro, UMC, West Jefferson Medical Center, and New Orleans East Hospital.
If you are uninsured, please inquire immediately about our Financial Assistance Program and/or contact a financial counselor.
Through this portal, patients of Children’s Hospital, Touro, UMC, New Orleans East Hospital and West Jefferson Medical Center may now pay their bills online, in addition to viewing test results, communicating with their medical providers, and scheduling appointments at some clinics. Patients of LCMC Health Urgent Care Clinics should reference their paper bill for payment options or call 855.766.7190.
To register for an account with LCMC Health Patient Portal and securely pay your bill online, please visit https://www.patientportal.lcmchealth.org.
- By phone: please call 504.401.9287, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- By mail: please visit the website of the hospital where you received treatment for the corresponding mailing address:
- Children’s Hospital
- University Medical Center
- West Jefferson Medical Center
- New Orleans East Hospital
Our customer service representatives are available to answer questions about your bill and process payments over the phone.
Please contact LCMC Health customer service LCMC-CustomerService@LCMCHealth.org at 504.401.9287, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. If you are a patient of an LCMC Health Urgent Care Clinic, please call 855.766.7190 for questions related to your bill.
Financial assistance resources
As part of our mission to provide comprehensive and high-quality care, our hospitals offer financial assistance programs to help our patients and their families with their healthcare costs, regardless of their ability to pay. To find out if you qualify for financial assistance, please review the information provided by each of our hospitals:
LCMC Health offers the services of financial counselors for its patients. Financial counselors are available at 504.702.3500.
Balance billing disclosure act
New Disclosure Requirements Effective August 1, 2017
Effective August 1, 2017, Louisiana Law states that all patients, when registering for services in a hospital or clinic, must be given and sign a new disclosure form – specifically the ACT 306/HB435 Regulatory Advisory. As a patient, you are being asked to review and sign this new disclosure form. This new form advises that you may receive a medical procedure or professional care from a physician or healthcare professional that will not be part of your hospital bill, and there is potential that these services may not be covered by your health insurance provider. As a result, you may be responsible for payment for all or part of these services. You are encouraged to contact your health plan to determine whether these independent physicians or healthcare professionals are covered by your health insurance.
Click on your hospital below to view the independent physicians or healthcare professionals whose services will not be included on your medical bill.