M-F 7am-5pm, Sat- Sun – 8am-5pm
We are now offering COVID-19 vaccine appointments at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, LCMC Health has served our patients and community by providing support, resources, testing and extraordinary healthcare. We all want to get back to doing the things we love to do. Getting vaccinated is the next step our community can take to move forward.
I'm ready to be in that number! How do I get my vaccine?
1: Check your vaccine eligibility here. Can you say yes to one or more of the eligibility requirements? Keep scrolling!
As of February 22, 2021, the Louisiana Department of Health has authorized COVID-19 vaccines to be available to the Phase 1-B, Tier One group which includes:
- Persons ages 65 years or older.
Patient Status Eligibility
- Home care patients and their providers. This includes older and younger people with disabilities over the age 16 who receive community or home-based care and their providers, as well as clients of home health agencies.
- Dialysis patients and providers.
- American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters and Support Service Providers (SSP’s) working in community and clinic-based settings, and clients who are both deaf and blind
Individuals aged 55-64 with at least one of the conditions listed by the
CDC as placing them at an “increased risk of severe illness from
the virus that causes COVID-19.” The CDC list of conditions can
be found at:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30kg/m2 or higher but < 40kg/m2)
- Severe obesity (BMIC >40kg/m2)
- Sickle Cell Disease
Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Important: If you meet the above mentioned medical conditions and criteria, please fill out the Louisiana COVID-19 Vaccine Attestation Form and bring to your vaccine appointment.
- All pregnant persons, regardless of age
Provider Group Eligibility
- Ambulatory care providers and their staff. This includes members of coroner’s, autopsy, or mortuary teams who have direct contact with corpses.
- Urgent care clinic providers and their staff.
- School Nurses and School Based Health Center staff.
- Community clinic providers and staff. This includes staff of clinics designated as Federally Qualified Health Center and Rural Health Clinics.
- Staff of home health agencies.
- Staff providing community and home-based care to older adults and people with disabilities. This includes staff employed by home care agencies as well as staff who are hired directly by the person with a disability.
- Behavioral health providers and staff.
- Dental providers and staff. This includes all oral health providers.
- Students, residents, faculty and staff of schools of allied health.
- Louisiana Unified Command Group and essential COVID response personnel (requires prior designation by state authorities)
- Providers/staff of Nonemergency Medical Transportation Services (NEMT)
Other Group Eligibility
- Police and other first responders
Teachers and any other support staff working onsite in K-12 schools or daycares
- Teachers and staff actively working onsite should bring their employee badge or paystub
- Staff at daycare facilities
- Election workers assigned to work the March and April 2021 elections whom carry a letter stating they have been selected, along with their ID.
Don’t yet meet the vaccine qualifications? Sign up for an LCMC Health Patient Portal account and stay informed as new vaccine eligibility opens up.
2: Now let’s get you scheduled for an appointment! Vaccines are available by appointment only so be sure not to skip this step. We’ve made it easy for you to be in that number with two ways to schedule!
Already a patient and have an LCMC Health Patient Portal (MyChart) account? Just sign in and click on the link that appears in your home screen (see image below). If you don’t see the banner below once you log in, then you don’t currently meet the criteria for vaccines. Keep checking lcmchealth.org/coronavirus for updates to LDH eligibility.
Sample eligibility banner
New to LCMC Health or need a Patient Portal (MyChart) account?
Sign Up for an account in 2 steps:
On the next screen, select “No Activation Code- Sign up online”.
Follow the steps to activate your account.
Once you’re verified,
log in and you’ll see the COVID-19 Vaccine Info banner.
Click on the link to schedule your appointment and Be in that Number!
Watch our quick tutorial below:
Now that you're appointment is scheduled, here's what you need to know before you go!
#1. Check-in online before your appointment
#2. Get directions and watch our video on what to expect at the LCMC Health Vaccination Center
COVID-19 Vaccine Convention Center Map
#3. Review our Vaccine Appointment FAQs
At this time, there will be no direct cost to patients for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Please bring a valid form of ID, driver's license preferred, and your insurance card.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment.
Our vaccination center is located in Hall J, located at the far-right “uptown” end of the convention center. You can utilize the map to locate Hall J.
You’ll park in the Lot F, designated on this map. When you arrive, you’ll go through our welcome screening for a temperature check and answer a few screening questions. (Questions indicated below here). From there, you’ll check in at our kiosks with your ID and insurance card, grab your barcode and proceed to your vaccination. After your vaccination, you'll proceed to our observation area.
We’re happy to provide free parking if you park in Lot F, indicated on this map.
Please be mindful this is a public vaccination event. Please wear a short sleeve shirt, with an undershirt so you can easily pull your sleeve up for your vaccination.
Yes, if you need mobility assistance to your appointment you may bring in one caretaker.
- Have you had any of the following symptoms in the last 48 hours?
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- muscle or body aches
- new loss of taste or smell
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- nausea or vomiting
- Within the past 14 days, have you been in close physical contact (6 feet or closer for a cumulative total of 15 minutes) with any known person with COVID-19 or anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms?
- Are you isolating or quarantining because you may have been exposed to a person with COVID-19?
- Are you currently waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test?