LCMC Health Academic Affairs
Training the next generation of medical professionals
LCMC Health Academic Affairs works to develop our academic enterprise across all 6 system hospitals in alignment with each hospital’s individual mission and vision by coordinating, standardizing, and advancing the Clinical Learning Environment (CLE) that supports and trains our future healthcare workforce. At LCMC Health, education, research and patient care are combined to provide the best possible training for its learners and the best possible care for its patients.
Why Choose an Academic Medical Center?
Academic Medical Centers (AMCs) like LCMC Health are focused on so much more than providing the highest quality care to every patient who comes through its doors. Just a few of the benefits that an AMC offers include:
- Team based care that includes physicians, nurses, researchers, educators and learners all working together to provide the highest quality, most up-to-date medical care
- Latest technology and recent breakthroughs in medicine
- Access to clinical trials and research protocols
- Patients treated at a teaching hospital have up to a 20% higher odds of survival
- Advanced expertise and availability of specialty and subspecialty physicians
- Destination center services (like Trauma and Burn Care, Palliative Medicine, Neurointerventional Stroke Services)
Examples of some of the learners we are proud to train include:
- Medical Residents & Fellows
- Medical Students
- Dental Residents & Students
- Nursing Students
- Allied Health Students
- Pharmacy Residents and Students
- Clinical Pastoral Education Residents
- Podiatry Residents
- Graduate students
We keep our residents and students connected to our LCMC Health Hospitals and engaged in our culture, values, and mission. Our goal is to provide the support they need to ensure their success.
Contact Us: LCMCAcademicAffairs@lcmchealth.org
About LCMC Academics
LCMC Health trains over 4000 future healthcare providers every year and holds academic affiliations with more than 100 different institutions.
LCMC Health proudly sponsors several key academic programs. These include:
- ACGME accredited Family Medicine Residency Program at East Jefferson General Hospital
- CPME accredited Podiatry Residency Program at East Jefferson General Hospital
- ASHSP accredited Pharmacy Residency Programs at University Medical Center and Touro
- ACPE accredited Clinical Pastoral Care Programs at University Medical Center and East Jefferson General Hospital
- CAAHEP accredited Specialist in Blood Bank Program at University Medical Center